Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Moss

Moss is a film made in the middle of winter on a cloudy, bleak day in my family back yard. When you get close the structure and colours of these lower plants is amazing.

The film was made using a cheap Sony Digital8 camcorder. I bought this to practice film-making after I first started messing around with movies from my stills camera late last year. With this I am putting myself through as many of the basics of film-making as I can: depth of field, exposure, handling, composition etc. I import clips to my Vaio laptop via Firewire and edit using Vegas 5.

The music is from my Headshock album "Music From Peak Experience" which was made before I started making films. I can now put these tracks to good use, as here. The music enhances the alien feel to these bryophytes, plants which are overlooked as a nuisance at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home